Thursday, January 2, 2014

So I am finally doing it, I have procrastinated long enough and have been my own enemy long enough. I always say I am going to do this but have never taken the time to really focus and do it, so now I figure I need to start from somewhere. Everything may not be in line the way I wanted it, but hey its a New Year and you never know until you try.

Anyone that has known me for more than a month I would say, would know how much I love to cook and entertain. I am just an at home cook perfecting my craft until all the stars align and I can do what I love to do as a profession. In the meantime, I am learning, experimenting and teaching others what I know. I honestly don't know when I started to cook independently, but I do remember just watching everyone around me do it. No one ever let me try or really showed me. I just watched, read books and when I was old enough I just started practicing. What I have learned through the years, is that no matter where you go and who you are around, food brings people together. Whether its in happy or sad times. Food is an expression of emotion. We eat when we are happy, sad or indifferent.

My food is not complicated, it truly expresses me and the things that I like. Many people assume the things that I make take a lot of time and effort and they do not. My food is like me simple ingredients combined to make an elegant dish.

You may wonder why I chose This & That! I think its my ying and yang. Its my balance. Many assume that I am one way and others assume I am another. For instance I have people who call me a Diva and others call me a Martha Stewart Redo, but I am both. I love my designer bags and shoes, but I also love being at home decorating, cooking, making things by hand, sewing and most of all taking care of my family. So yes I am a little bratty sometimes, but trust once you get to know me, you will understand why.

This & That will cover so many things, from life, food, family, my rants and anything in between. Thank you for taking the journey with me as I move forward into my destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment