Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Well, yesterday was the first day back to school from Winter break. I think everyone was happy that kids were back to school. On my way to pick Myles back up from school yesterday, I decided to run into Kroger. I was undecided on what to make for dinner. I wanted to make a bolognese sauce for pasta and needed some mushrooms, then I thought I wanted to make stuffed meatballs with a tomato bacon sauce but needed some fresh mozzarella to stuff the meatballs. Well I get to Kroger and it was people everywhere. Then I saw they had some fresh Mahi Mahi and Catfish. Then I said well let me make fish for dinner. As you can see I was all over the place and had no clue what I would be making for dinner. Needless to say with all of the people in Kroger I was just trying to get out. I picked up some of the ingredients I thought I needed for each dish. Then realized I needed some eggs and a few other things. Well most of the eggs were gone. I still had not thought of the reason why the store was so crowded. I head to get Myles and realized that the weather was supposed to turn for the worse. For the life of me I cant understand why people buy bread, milk & eggs in a storm? I would say you should get non perishables instead of perishable food. I understand bread because you can make a sandwich.

Fast forward, I get home and cooked nothing that I had previously thought I would make, lets just say I had no motivation whatsoever. I did not want to stand in the kitchen and prep anything. So, I thought to myself why am I not motivated. Very simple. I am a planner and usually know what I am doing from day to day. I know what I want to prepare for meals, I know what each of us in the house have to do each day and so on. If I don't have a plan how am I to know where I am going or what I am doing. So, I decided that I would cheat and make some spaghetti (well my ground beef had totally thawed so I had to cook it). I always keep jar sauce-just in case luckily last week I picked up 3 jars. As I am cooking I realize, I really did not want spaghetti but we needed to eat. So in hindsight, I know that I have to plan no matter what it is or else I will wound up settling for what is there. Now not saying the the spaghetti was not tasty. I know I could have done better, if I would have took the time out to plan our meal.

There is a saying "Those who fail to plan, plan to fail". The Bible also says "Write the Vision Make it Plain". So as I venture through my new endeavor of being a home chef, blogging, starting to brand This & That, I have to plan it and write it down. For instance, I don't measure or usually write down what I am doing when I am cooking, well how can I tell someone else if I don't have record of it. My goal is to take picture and write it down. This will help me determine what will go in my cookbook and what will not.

My This &That for yesterday, is plan for your This & That. Don't get caught unprepared. Write it, plan it, do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment